The Yellowbrick Road Weekly Tournament is a way for my best readers to win prizes just for reading my emails!
There are more details below, but basically, you get points throughout the week by voting in polls/quizzes, referring your friends, replying to the daily emails, and clicking on the ads/sponsored links.
At the end of the week, you are put into a drawing based on how many points you gained throughout the week (the more points you have, the more likely your name is to be drawn). If your name is drawn, you will receive a prize (Amazon gift cards for now, but hopefully cooler stuff in the future).
You can get points in 4 ways: voting on the polls/quizzes, referring a friend, replying to the daily email, and clicking on the ad/sponsored links.
Voting on the polls/quizzes = 3 points each
Each email typically has 3 polls/quizzes: the poll asking if you are bullish or bearish, the poll asking you to rate the featured trade, and the quiz
You receive 3 points per poll/quiz you vote on, so you can receive 9 points total per email.
Voting in polls/answering quiz questions helps give me feedback on what you like/dislike and helps keep my emails out of spam folders.
Note: voting multiple times on the same poll does not get you more points
Replying to the daily email = 10 points
Earn 10 points every day for replying to the daily email. In some emails, I include a question in the intro that you can respond to, or you can just respond with any feedback you have or even just say “hi”.
Replies help keep my emails out of spam folders (when you reply you are basically telling email clients like Gmail that I’m not a spammer), help us get to know each other a little better, and they’re just fun! I also respond to all replies.
Note: you only get points for one reply per email. Even if you reply 10 times, you still only get 10 points each day :).
Clicking on ads/sponsored links = 15 points
Most daily emails include 1 main sponsor and may include a secondary sponsor or sponsored links. For each sponsor you click in the daily email, you get 15 points.
My sponsors are how I can afford to send you this email for free. If you read my About Me page (link), you know it costs me thousands of dollars a month just on the tools I use to write this newsletter. So checking out my sponsors’ products/services (and using/buying them if you can), is the best way to support me!
Note: for each email, you only get points for visiting each sponsor one time. If the main ad has 3 links for the main sponsor, just clicking one of the links earns you the 15 points. If the email has two sponsors, you can get 30 points if you click at least one link for each sponsor.
Referring a friend = 50 points
If you like my newsletter, telling a friend who also likes the stock market is the best thing you can do. For each person you invite, that subscribes to the email, you will get 50 points.
Note: you don’t get the points until the person you referred subscribes and reads an email
How it Works
Receive points for completing various actions (voting in polls/quizzes, replying to emails, and clicking on ads/sponsored links) in each of the daily emails.
Each point increases your chance of winning a prize. For example, if you have 100 points at the end of the week, you are 10x more likely to get picked than someone who has 10 points.
Every weekend, I’ll draw a handful of people that will receive prizes. The prizes will probably just be Amazon gift cards for now, but hopefully, I can do something more fun in the future
Each week the points reset. So everyone starts from 0 each week.
Pretend this newsletter only had 3 readers (Johnny, Madi, and Charles).
At the end of the week, Johnny had 20 points, Madi had 30 points, and Charles had 50 points. If you add up all of the points earned, there were 100 total points earned that week.
On the weekend, I draw one name to give a prize to. Since the chance of winning is related to how many points you have, Charles has a 50% chance of winning (since he had 50% of the total points earned that week), Madi has a 30% chance, and Johnny has a 20% chance).
I draw the name and that person gets the prize.
Everyone’s points reset for the next week
Thank you for reading and supporting The Yellowbrick Road! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to email me ([email protected])
Connor (@ConnorVO on Twitter)